Norcold Fault Codes F, no FL, or gas light flashing every second (LP/ Flame Problems)
Is Your Norcold Refrigerator Doing One of the Following?
- N611, N811
- on light staying steady, gas light flashing at one second intervals
- N400, N410, N412, N500, N510, N512, N621, N622, N821, N822
- front display showing "F"
- N641, N642, NX641, NXA641, N841, N842, NX841, NXA841, 1200, 1210, 1211, 2117, 2118
- front display showing "no FL", one after the other
For all of the codes above, the symptoms will be very simply that the refrigerator does not work properly on LP. All LP components could be the cause of this code. If the refrigerator has tried to operate on gas or LP mode and is not sensing the flame, this code will appear.
The first thing you should do is take a look at the burner during the ignition cycle. On the burner box on the right hand side of the cooling unit you'll find a small access door from which you can see the burner/ orifice and the electrode. Turn the refrigerator to auto mode and have it running on AC. When you get to the back of the refrigerator, unplug it from the AC outlet and pay close attention to the burner/ orifice and electrode. The electrode should spark until a flame is lit and once it is, the sparking will stop. If the sparking continues after the flame is lit then your issue is either that the electrode is too far from the flame or that the flame sense circuit on the power board has gone bad.
If you find that it sparks up well but just won't stay lit as long as it should, we highly recommend replacing the burner/ orifice. If you'd like to first try to clean it, we recommend soaking in 90% alcohol overnight and then using compressed air to blow it out. Typically that will get it to work at least temporarily and will let you know if that's where the issue lies. In many cases, cleaning the burner/ orifice does not completely solve the issue and replacement of the part is needed.
Most gas/ LP issues involve one of the two scenarios above. If your problem has not been addressed, ask a question in the comments below!
Recent Tech Posts
- Norcold N7/ NA7, N8/ NA8, N10/ NA10 Flashing 10 times (how to fix!)
- Norcold N7, NA7, N8, NA8, N10, and NA10 Models (fault codes and HELP!)
- Operating Your RV Refrigerator On Propane While Driving (is it safe?!)
- Natural explanations for your RV refrigerator not cooling/ freezing!
- Norcold Ice Maker Won't Make Ice! HELP